Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
As the COVID-19 pandemic and its far-reaching implications continue to unfold globally and in our community, it’s normal for people to experience a wide range of thoughts, feelings and reactions including:
• Feeling stressed or overwhelmed
• Anxiety, worry, or fear
• Racing thoughts
• Sadness, tearfulness, loss of interest in usual enjoyable activities
• Physical symptoms, such as increased heart rate, stomach upset, fatigue, or other uncomfortable sensations
• Frustration, irritability, or anger
• Restlessness or agitation
• Feeling helpless
• Difficulty concentrating or sleeping
• Feeling disconnected from others
• Apprehension about going to public spaces
• Trouble relaxing
Understanding your anxiety – For many people, the uncertainty surrounding coronavirus is the hardest thing to handle. We don’t know how exactly we’ll be impacted or how bad things might get. And that makes it all too easy to catastrophize and spiral out into overwhelming dread and panic. But there are many things you can do—even in the face of this unique crisis—to manage your anxiety , fears and stress .
• Stay informed—but don’t obsessively check the news .
• Focus on the things you can control .
• Stay connected—even when physically isolated .
• Take care of your body and spirit .
• Help others (it will make you feel better) .
What Should We Do at Home?
Things to care during COVID – 19 –
• As much as possible, keep away from other people and pets in your home.
• Wear a cloth face covering (or face mask, if you have one) if they must be around other people.
• Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, throw the tissue away, and then wash their hands right away. Wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Use separate dishes, glasses, cups, and eating utensils and not share these with other household members. After use, run them through the dishwasher or wash with very hot soapy water.
We are only at the beginning at this crisis but it is challenging us in ways that are unprecedented in modern times not least of which because it is breaking everywhere at once . Don’t be afraid if things seem difficult in the beginning – we all are in this together and we will get through this together.
Its time to demonstrate our faith to the world by our peace , and our wisdom to the world by our concern for those around us .
Be safe .. love positive guider